Swimming the Safe Way
Summer is right around the corner and it’s almost time for lazy days around the pool. Are you and your kiddos ready? Is everyone properly educated on swim safety? Get ready to splish splash with these helpful tips:
- Always have an adult supervising your young swimmers. If at a public pool, make sure Life Guards are on duty. If at a private pool, make sure an adult it always on guard while the kids are in the water.
- Invest in swim lessons for your little ones. Many communities offer lessons through recreation and parks departments or Homeowner’s Associations.
- Teach kids to only swim with adults and as they become older and stronger swimmers, encourage them to always swim with a partner.
- Learn CPR. Knowing how to save a life with CPR is worth the time it takes to become certified.
- Teach kids to never swim or play around pool drains. Unsecure drains have the potential risk for entrapment.
- If you have a backyard pool, install a door alarm, a window alarm or both to alert you if a child wanders into the pool area unsupervised.
Always remember, MYidealDOCTOR is at your fingertips 24/7. Find us online at www.myidealdoctor.com, via the MYidealDOCTOR app or via telephone 1-855-879-4332.