Practicing Healthy Skincare in Summer Months is Essential
Long days in the summer sun are probably on the agenda, right? Make sure you take care of your skin to prevent future damage.
- Know which SPF is right for your skin – There are many sunscreen lotions and sprays on the market with varying levels of SPF, so do your research on which product works best for your skin type.
- Apply and Re-Apply – Applying sunscreen once is not going to keep your skin safe on a sunny day. Re-apply every two hours to maximize your skin protection.
- Keep covered – Use clothing and hats to cover exposed skin when exposed to the sun for long durations. Find a shade tree or use a pop-up tent to reduce sun exposure.
- Drink plenty of water – Drinking water is imperative for good overall body health and that includes your skin. Keeping your skin cells filled with moisture helps it to be more resilient.
- Soothe overexposed skin – Should you find yourself with a sunburn, use soothing creams and gels to calm the skin. Research other homeopathic remedies like essential oils as an alternative, too.
Always remember, MYidealDOCTOR is at your fingertips 24/7. Find us online at, via the MYidealDOCTOR app or via telephone 1-855-879-4332.