Laughter is the best medicine
Across countries, languages and classes, laughter is a common denominator everyone understands. In honor of Global Belly Laugh Day, we are looking at the benefits of laughter. Does a good belly laugh really improve your health?
Laughing does have a direct effect on our health. Not only does a good laugh release endorphins, it also decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells – improving disease resistance. How can you increase the amount of “ha ha’s” in your life? Here are a few ideas:
- - Surround yourself with happy and funny people
- - Have a date night at a comedy club
- - Spend quality silly time with your kids - you never know what will come out of their mouths
- - Find a humor write you enjoy writing and curl up with a good chuckle
- - Limit your intake of hard news and turn on a comedy instead
In a world full of negativity there is still so much to laugh at. Be sure to make time to smile more and encourage others to giggle along with you!
Always remember, MYidealDOCTOR is at your fingertips 24/7 should a health question arise. Find us online at www.myidealdoctor.com, via the MYidealDOCTOR app or via telephone 1-855-879-4332.